Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Vin Doux, Round 2



So, guess what I got for my birthday this year???  You may recall my earlier post expounding on the many unforgettable virtues of a particular wine that I had recently made the acquaintance of…Vin Doux.  Well, I must have been a very good wife this year, because I was well rewarded with not one….but TWO bottles of this beloved vintage!!  Lucky, lucky me :)  It is one year later than that which I fell in love with, a 2010, instead of a 2009, but, I am very much looking forward to just the right occasion or day to splurge on this baby. 



 Here is what Mr. Parker has said about the vintage:

Robert Parker - 90 points
"The 2010 Muscat 'Vin Doux,' a signature wine for the island, is reviewed from 750ml; it also comes in a 375ml size. This is often one of my favorite value choices from Greece. It hits another homer this year, mingling richness, sweetness and acidity into a beautiful whole. Simply a pleasure to drink, this is very well priced and utterly delicious. I think these can age, although their character will change as they do, but it is really hard to resist right now. Drink now-2020. "




And information from the vintner:

Region: Samos, Aegean Islands, Greece
Grape(s): Muscat

"An AOC wine made from extra ripe Moschato grapes. At harvest, the grape juice has a minimum sugar level of 221gr/lt. To balance the sweetness, the must is enriched before the onset of fermentation. The wine is matured in stainless steel temperature controlled tanks. A small quantity of wine receives oak barrel aging as well. The wine is golden in color with a harmonious bouquet of honey, apricot and honeysuckle. On the palate, it is soft, sweet and supple with medium body and moderate acidity. The finish is medium to long."


PERFECTION!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment