Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sewing Project-3 tiered skirt


Simplicity Pattern #2414


Pattern Description: Misses Skirt

Pattern Sizing:8-16

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, except the waistband, which I did not use.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't need them, for once!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Nice flowing layers/tiers, very girly.

Fabric Used: Floral cotton.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I really detest the waistband they decided to put with these pants and skirts, it's huge, bulky, unsightly and a waste. I make the yoke, piece #4, 2 1/2 inches wider, and make a rolled waste line with 1"wide elastic. Great fit, nice gathers, much happier.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I think one is enough of this particular pattern, since I'm not even sure how often I will wear it, it is a good conservative length though, sure, I recommend it.

Conclusion: Good enough.



Yes, I'm wearing slippers, and no, I won't be wearing that top with the skirt, it's just what I had on at the time LOL!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment