Saturday, August 11, 2012

Treat Yourself to Spice Sugar Cookies

Try me, I'm so tasty!


The mister is a big fan of ginger snap cookies....I am not.  Something about them...they just aren't my cup of tea.  But we can both agree on these cookies, found on epicurious.com (http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Spice-Sugar-Cookies-13176).  They are delicious!  Nice subtle flavors of molasses, cinnamon, ginger, and enough sweetness to be deemed part sugar cookie.  They are very easy to make, and putting together one batch of this recipe, including mixing time takes just over one hour (baking one sheet at a time).  I tend to skip the refrigerate part and just use chilled shortening instead.  They also bake up beautifully every time, and I've made them quite a bit when I'm in the mood for something different.  This is also one of my favorites because I had to do absolutely nothing to the recipe, it comes out great as-is.

See:

A handful are missing from the top of this pile...we can not resist!


Looks grand, eh?  Tastes grand, I assure you!


No comments:

Post a Comment