Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chocolate-free Homemade Baileys Irish Cream

At this point, I'm still not brave enough to try chocolate...but I had this birthday cake idea...to make a bundt cake with Bailey's Irish Cream in the cake, in sponged onto the outside, and in the frosting.  Oh, and honestly, I was looking forward to having some left over for sipping as well.  But how to make Bailey's without chocolate?  Perhaps you haven't met my newest little friend: Watkins Imitation Chocolate Extract.  It's affordable and versatile.  Here is the recipe I came up with...

1 C Half and Half
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 C whiskey  (I used TW Samuels, TN whiskey=cheap)
2 t coffee
2 T chocolate extract (could use chocolate syrup here)
1t vanilla

Whisk, blend, stir, combine well before serving, each time.
Delicious!!  Marvelous substitute!!

I added powdered sugar to it for frosting, easy.
Makes about half a pitcher full.

Enjoy~


No comments:

Post a Comment