Sunday, September 1, 2013

Simplicity 2451 Easy Skirt



2451 Simplicity pattern zippered skirts in two styles with two lengths.


Has nice flow!

I made a size 12 of skirt A, feeling larger than usual.  However, once I had it mostly put together, I realized this was a mistake, especially since I had sealed the seams.  So, instead of messing around with all that, I decided to leave out the zipper and make an elastic waist.  I was going to use the front and back yoke pieces, but they didn’t fit, even with very thin hems…hmmm…so I cut pieces from the scrap pile to make a casing for the ½ inch elastic and attached this instead.  

Back view


I found this fabric, a flannel for an autumn skirt, at Walmart (since it is the only store in 60 miles of me to carry fabric) for $1.50 a yard.

I had 2 yards of 50 inch fabric, and made the pieces all fit (wouldn’t work, of course, with a one-way pattern).


























Front view

 I like the cut and the flow, looking forward to wearing this in the autumn, though I might need some brown shoes now that I think of it.  Sorry, the pictures don't do it justice.  It's very comfy and fun to wear.
Action shot attempt...

What do you think?  Ankle brown boots?  I have no idea what's in style-help me out!



No comments:

Post a Comment