Saturday, April 13, 2013

Ham & Cheese Quick Quiche

I know, I know.  I've done a recipe on quick and easy quiche before.  But I just made this ham and cheddar cheese quiche over the weekend and loved it sooo much (we both did) that I had to share it with you.

It came out perfectly!!



Ingredients:
1 store bought pie crust, do not prebake

3 large eggs
1 1/2 C milk
1/2 t ground black pepper
1 t Italian seasoning

1 C ham, cubed, about 1/4"
1/2 C spinach, carelessly chopped
1 C medium to sharp cheddar, grated (1/4 C more for sprinkling on the top)
1/3 C onion, chopped

Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Place pie crust into 9" pie pan (I used a glass one)
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs.
Add the milk and whisk until frothy.
Add black pepper and Italian seasoning, whisk to combine.
Stir in onion, spinach and ham cubes.
Add 1 C. grated cheddar.
Mix so that the onion, spinach, ham and cheese are all well coated with the egg/milk mixture.
Pour into pie crust.
When oven is ready, place on rack in the center of the oven and bake for 1 hour.

Ready for the oven


When the top is golden brown and the filling does not jiggle or appear loose or overly moist, the quiche is done.  Remove from oven and sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 C of shredded cheddar cheese.

Wait!  At least 5 minutes before slicing.  It is very hot.  And I fully believe that it won't cool anywhere so quickly, as it does on the place before me!

Serve with a cantaloupe and mango fruit salad for a perfect brunch.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment