Sunday, April 7, 2013

McCall's M6534 Two-toned dress (Easy)

I was sewing up a storm before our trip in February, and still haven't posted some things that were completed.  But this is a new addition, hot off the machine this morning.  A cute little summer/spring dress by McCall's, M6534.  Loose fitting dresses with elasticized neckline and sleeves, sizes 8-22.  I made a size 8 top and contoured a size 10 around the hips.

I'm pretty happy with it, it did turn out like the picture.  I hemmed the bottom up 3 1/2 inches and had to figure out the top back on my own (disappointed in the directions which ignored this entirely), but it was pretty much a no-brainer.  If I were to make this again, I'd use a patterned fabric for the bottom part and a solid for the top, I think, for variety, and would press the zipper portion of the back on the top before assembling it to the bottom.  Otherwise, it was an easy and enjoyable piece to make.  I really like the gathers and the pleats on the front and back-gives it some shape.

Do you like it?  (Please excuse my sloppy ironing job-not very good at it-and PALE self!)

Front 

Back

Side, of course



1 comment:

  1. I love your version of this pattern, much more fitted than I thought from the pattern.

    ReplyDelete