Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Simplicity 4192 Kimono Summer Top



Simplicity 4192 Kimono Top, view C   



This was a fairly quick and fun little top to make.  It was a little scary for a moment or two when I started sewing it together, it looked like it was going to be huge!  But after trying it on I could see where it was going.  The directions were simple and straightforward.  The only thing I did differently was to skip any and all bias taping, and just folded the neck collar and front sides twice before stitching.  I also put the ties on when I stitched the bottom pieces on, it just seemed to make sense.  The only bummer of the situation is that my fabric was at the end of a bolt (from Walmart) and some of the printed on design was unavoidable no matter which way I arranged the pattern pieces, so there are two smudges on the upper front.  But I think this piece is so cute, I’ll make it again with something else.  I managed it with one yard of 45” wide, and cut a size 10.




No comments:

Post a Comment