Friday, March 19, 2010

Mini Breadsticks do the trick


It was soup and salad night earlier this week, and because we are such fans of gorging at the Olive Garden's soup, salad and breadstick deal for lunch about once a year, I took it upon myself to seek out an easy breadstick recipe that would use what I have on-hand, be quick to make, and most importantly, good to eat.

Hope was vindicated when I found all of those requirements in one easy recipe:


I halved the recipe, and tweaked it in my own way by brushing on the melted margarine instead of dipping the dough in it, and also by sprinkling some garlic powder and dried basil on the tops.

I also made the breadsticks half-sized, just for entertainment and small-plate-fitting purposes.

Still, they came out great, and the ones left over in the morning made great snacks.


Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment