Friday, March 19, 2010

Frozen Coconut Pie-so fast, so easy, so good


One of my summer favorites, when it comes to cool dessert treats, is making frozen coconut pie. And I'm not alone...my friend Alexandru feels the same way. We love this pie! It is perfect for grill outs, to take alone as a social dish, or to compliment a spicy dinner. And this is the purpose of me making one today...for tonight is the great grand prolonged adventure...more on this later, though. I'll just say I'm much more than mildly excited, and leave you hanging with that!


Back to the frozen coconut pie. I myself am a sucker for coconut. And graham cracker crusts. And maraschino cherries. Hmmm. Talk about a good fit, eh?


This recipe literally takes about 10-15 minutes to put together, and then you are done. Done, done. I knew it wasn't one of my own, and it took some looking about to find the source, but a nice little surprise happened when I did: I found a whole slew of other great recipes in a source unknown to me...


Cool Whip! That is the secret ingredient, I suppose, that which binds it all together in a luscious, creamy, coconuty delight for the taste buds.

I'll have to explore this website further some other time, but for now, above is a picture of the frozen coconut pie I made this morning--prior to being given the freezer treatment, of course.

If you enjoy coconut and easy, fast-to-make desserts, try this! I make it exactly as directed, and if there is any filling that won't fit in the crust...well, I take care of that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment