Thursday, May 30, 2013

Yogurt Dressing

We eat a good number of salads in this house, and are always looking for fun ways to change them up.  Sometimes it's the dressing, but you know what I've noticed?  Something a bit disturbing...when I go to rinse the plates after dinner, some of the dressing refuses to rinse off.  And this gives me pause-is this what I'm ingesting?  A dressing so insoluble that hot water won't make it budge makes me think what it is doing to my body. 

Making my own dressings in the past has been fun, but I've never been able to replicate a very good creamy dressing.  So the idea of using yogurt intrigued me, and I went searching for recipes online at epicurious.com.  I combined six or so recipes and took notes from the reviewers, and ended up with this:



And here is how I made it:

1 C yogurt, plain (I used Dannon all natural)
1 medium garlic clove, pressed into a paste
1/4 t salt
1/8 t black pepper
2 t honey
2 T lemon juice
1 T dried basil

Combine, and stir well before each application.
I have to say it was pretty darn good, and I felt good eating it.  This makes about 1 cup of dressing, and the flavor really shone in combination with seasoned croutons.  Next, I think I'll experiment with yellow curry in the dressing for a salad with tuna!





No comments:

Post a Comment