Thursday, March 14, 2013

M6568-Shorts kahki



M6568


Yes, I know I’ve made this pattern before, but some very simple shorts were calling me, and I had only 1/2 yard of 60 wide fabric that I’d picked up from Joanns during a 70% off remnants sale.  So, I decided to pare down view A, make it shorter and leave off the pockets. 
Yes, it can be done!  (In case you are wondering). 
I used just two pattern pieces, the front and the back, made the ties out of scrap left over, and it worked just fine. 


 When I last made this pattern, I made a medium, and ended up taking a lot off the sides, so this time, I made a small…and ended up taking one inch off the side seams.  The amount of fabric I was working with ended at the “lengthen or shorten” line marked on the pattern, and this turned out to be more than enough, though at the time I was skeptical.  I did take off an amount (1 ½ inches) from the legs after all, and finished with a 5/8” seam. 


Worked just fine, and I’ll remember this for a quicky that uses little fabric.
Fabric: a lightweight crushed pile – almost like a soft short terry, which it what it reminds me of from my childhood.
Yes, I’d make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment