Friday, April 23, 2010

Light as Air Peanut Butter Macaroons


Mmmm. It's heating up down here in Louisiana. And a quick and light dessert is just what I wanted for tonight, so I chose a recipe I found on the Jif Recipes website for Peanut Butter Macaroons:


These are easy and quick to make with few dishes to do afterwords, and, quite frankly, irresistible. I've eaten at least a half dozen of them since I made them this morning. And no, I don't feel guilty about it. I serve them proudly to my husband because by using only egg whites, they are cholesterol friendly. Peanut butter too, I found, is cholesterol free. That came as a shocker! Well, we try and learn something new every day, right? OK, so, since these were a cinch to whip up, I felt compelled to add my own thing...a dark chocolate drizzle made from melted Polish chocolate that I happened upon in a dollar store (yes, this amazing bar I've been enjoying thus far with red wine was only a dollar) and the label stated that 100% of the proceeds went to helping with literacy. That's all fine and well, a very suitable cause, but how was the chocolate, you ask? It was gooood. I never used to, but now sometimes even crave, dark chocolate. So rich, powerful, and if they want to say good for you, I like that too!

If there are any left...they will be alright for dessert. Tonight the menu consists of simple comfort foods:

A corned beef brisket that has been slow cooking since 7am, instant garlic and Parmesan mashed potatoes, and brussel sprouts. Paired with an embarrassingly cheap, yet peppy and crisp, smooth and satisfying Pinot Grigio by Barefoot. Yes, Barefoot. I absolutely loath their other attempts at conveying different varietals, but this, yes, this they can do. There is a hint of sweetness to it along the way that works just fine for me. It's OK, try it.

Try the macaroons too, you'll like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment